Monday, August 31, 2009

52/62

I love it when......you never miss a "bless you" when someone sneezes. I mean NEVER, you can be intently in the middle of something , but someone sneezes and you don't miss a beat "bless you"

One of my biggest struggles with this blog is the photos, taking a decent photo is a constant struggle for me and I try sooooo hard. I just don't have an eye for it and completely lack confidence when it comes to taking photos. Of course when your subject thinks its a funny game to run from the camera that makes it even harder. I may take 25 photos and get 2 decent ones, but I keep trying. These are my favorite photos from this summer and they bring back such wonderful memories,they are in no particular order, although the first one is probably one of my favorite photos of you. Gosh darn it, you are a cute little thing!

















The idea, when I began 62 posts was to post everday for the two complete months we were home together for the summer. The months of July and August. After missing several posts I am only at 52 and have to return to work tomorrow. I am still going to try and get 62 done, I know it kind of misses the point, but I don't want to quit. I want you to know it is important to try and finish something, even if it doesn't turn out quite the way it was expected. I am so glad I tried to get a picture of you everyday with a little note of what we did. Hopefully one day you will look back on it, like a little scrapbook of your summer of 2009.

It has been such a wonderful summer getting to spend everyday with you. We did not really do much. We did not go on any exciting trips or have any big adventures, but this was by choice. I just wanted to stay home and enjoy my time with you and your brother and sister. Grandma Ba came for several visits and we got to spend a lot of time with her, that was wonderful for the both of you....for me too! We have walked for miles and miles, you love going for walks. You love going to the playground and swinging. You have gotten very brave on the swing and want to go higher and higher. We went to the BIG pool a couple of times and you really enjoyed that, we picked LOTS of strawberries and experienced a HUGE storm with lots of rain and thunder and lighting that you still talk about ( you loved it!)

The change in you this summer has been amazing. Your growth in the past two months, both emotionally and verbally has been wonderful. When I picked you up from daycare on June 9th you still seemed somewhat babyish, you were not talking a lot or at least not talking about anything that made a whole lot of sense, now you are expressing yourself like crazy and saying something new everday. We can communicate really well and I usually get what you are trying to tell me. You are a little sponge just soaking everything in, you are very bright and learn VERY quickly. The stuff you throw out there sometimes cracks me up , yesterday your phrases of the day were "that's not fair eeder" and " i not fink so"( it was a sassy day) Today you had a lego and you were acting like you were blowing on it and humming, I asked you what you were doing and you told me you were "playing the french horn" HUH?( this has got to be a Little Einsteins influence! ) There are so many funny, cute little things you say and do, I could go on and on........ here are a few of your accomplishments, you can count and recognize #'s 1-20(although the teens are still a little tricky), know almost all shapes (except for trapezoid and hexagon) you know all the colors and can recognize all the letters in the alphabet. It has been such a joy for me to help you learn these things. I love, love , love watching you learn and grow.

I haven't really mentioned much of your brother and sister the past couple of months but things are going very well for them. Kayla is getting ready to start her college classes, bought a car with the generous graduation donations she received from family and has her very first real job as a hostess at our local Applebees. I think Coop is getting bored (although he would never admit it) and he seems ready to start the 7th grade and play football.


This is by far the hardest time I have ever had preparing myself to go back to work, so as a result I am in a major funk.....huge funk..ugh! It is always hard to get my head around summer being over, but I enjoy my job so that makes the transition a little easier. I know I am fortunate that I get to spend several months at home with my kids, that is why I love the job that I have, but the school district that I work for is going to four days a week with an extended school day so, although I will only be working four days a week this year my days will be about 2.5 hours longer. I cant get my head around not seeing you for 9+ hrs a day!! The things you will accomplish and say and do in those 9+hrs that I will not get to witness :( sigh....I know you are going to be very well cared for at your new preschool and Miss Tracie will take pictures and videos for me. I am just going to miss you like crazy! So this is my little note to you, what a blessing you have been, I look forward to spending lots and lots of lazy summers with you. I am so lucky to be your mommy:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so lucky aren't we? So sorry that you summer is over, I have loved your posts. It is so evident how very much you love your sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

I want to be a photographer too but I just don't have the gift. I've enjoyed the pictures a lot & I think you've had some pretty good ones. Good luck with the big changes coming!

Samantha Groves said...

your so cute.love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I know this is an older blog, but I'm just reading it and crying. It's really hard to leave Jack too. I still can't believe we both live in Redmond and have never ran into each other. I live right behind John Tuck Elementary school. Do you mind if I ask which one you work at? I've been looking for a reliable place Jack could go for preschool (like three hrs a day) but he's not potty trained yet and not showing tons of interest. My e-mail is sandyonthewall@yahoo.com Write when you can. Paige is just growing into a beautiful little girl. Sandy Billings

jolantajola said...

She is the cutest kid i ever saw:)!


http://jolantajola.blogspot.com/

Yahoo contact telephone number uk said...

Such a beautiful picture and thank you so much for share. Please check out my site Yahoo contact telephone number uk